2011年10月3日月曜日

About Essay...


      For my essay topic, I chose Buraku problem. I think it should be taught in junior high school.
    There are people who live (or used to live) in areas called Buraku. From the old time, they are discriminated. Moreover, some of these areas are still existing and even recognized as Buraku area. Maybe some (or most) of you do not know of this problem, but I want to propose that this is still existing and even having influence to people.


     I started to be interested in Buraku problem when I was high school student. Actually, I totally do not know or hear of Buraku until I become 17 years old. As same as the time I know the word, I wondered "Why was this problem not taught? Is this problem hidden by someone?"

     5 things I want to know are...
1. the history of Buraku
2. reason why Buraku people discriminated
3. the current situation of Buraku
4. the current situation of recognition (survey?)
5. possible solutions    

     Possible references are...
・ JSTOR: The American Political Science Review, Vol. 45, No. 4 (Dec., 1951), pp. 1025-1040
・  Japan's outcaste youth : education for liberation / June A. Gordon
・  An introduction to the Buraku issue : questions and answers / Suehiro Kitaguchi translated with an introduction by Alastair McLaughlan.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Nice topic!

    "Should children know about the buraku problem? When and how?" seems like an excellent research question!

    Do some schools teach about buraku discrimination...is it a required part of education in some prefectures? nationally?

    What do teachers think about this?

    What do parents?

    What does the Buraku kaiho domei think about this?

    返信削除