Research Question
Should Japanese children know about the Buraku problem? When and how?
Thesis Statement
During their junior high school lives, children should know about the Buraku problem through social study classes.
It is because the problem might be prevented and abolished by giving children the correct knowledge from their childhood.
Ⅰ. Introduction
A. My experience (when I first recognize the Buraku problem)
B. Background information (what, when, where, why, etc.)
C. Thesis statement
Ⅱ. Current situation
A. Example problems (marriage, internet, etc.)
B. Recognition (around me. Survey)
C. Curriculum (is it included in any area?)
Ⅲ. Opinions of people
A. Adults (parents, teachers?)
B. The Buraku kaihou doumei? Interview?
C. Opponents (quotation?)
Ⅳ. Possible solutions
A. Teach in social studies class and ethic class
B. Visit the Buraku area
Ⅴ. Conclusion
A. Repeat thesis and main points
B. Conclude
Resources
・Alastair McLauchlan, "Prejudice and Discrimination in Japan- The Buraku Issue" 2003
・June A. Gordon "Japan's Outcaste Youth Education For Liberation" 2008
・Suehiro Kitaguchi, translated by Alastair McLauchlan, "An Introduction to the Buraku Issue" 1999
・ MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Japan
I know I have to fix it, so if you have any advice, please leave a comment!!:)
Aili,
返信削除I think your outline is good for starting to write the draft! As you write, I'm sure you'll discover which points need to be developed more to answer your research question, which is excellent.
The part of Why it should be taught looks like you already have some good reasons, and your consideration of the other side will be very valuable as well as you show that it is better to teach it than to ignore it.
The last part of your body dealing with When? and How? to teach it will be a main section, so I hope you find some interesting ideas from your sources. Hope you can talk to some teachers or other people involved in this!