The article of
Fisher is interesting to read for me. Especially, I was impressed by the
example of “Perception Is Inaccurate.”
In this part, the author gives us
the conversation between a babysitter and young black girl. As I wrote in
former sentence, the babysitter also thought of the girl “black.” However, it
turns out to be inaccurate expression. She describes herself “medium brown,”
and to say what she looks like, it is totally true. People usually use “black”
to express African-Americans, so the babysitter made assumption that the girl
think of herself “black.” I also thought of African-Americans "black," and this is the first time for me to notice their "true color".
I
think perceptions are based on one’s assumption. We think that our common sense
is always right, but it is not true. I strongly felt that it is necessary to
think calmly of things around us to understand what is really required.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿